Monday, October 26, 2009


The days are getting shorter and the nights longer. One thing I can say about the winter end of the year is the "l'heure bleu" or the blue hour seems best. This from wikipedia on the l'heure bleue:

The blue hour comes from a French expression (l'heure bleue), which refers to twilight, the period each morning and evening where there is neither full daylight nor complete darkness. The time is considered special because of the quality of the light at this time of day (also in photography; it is considered especially flattering for people with blond hair) and because in the summer, this is often when the smell of the flowers is at its strongest.

Since I have blonde hair I am not sure how it is flattering for me but I like what it does for my photographs.

No comments: